Friday 8 April 2011

Lessons I've learned through trial and error

I apologize for not updating this blog sooner. Blame my writing absence on too much boys and sun, but I promise I will get around to telling you all about my Indonesian adventures as soon as those two things aren’t quite so abundant. However, I did take a couple minutes today because I want to share some of my personal findings that have come to light over these past 8 months. This is what I like to call "Lessons I've learned through trial and error".
Lesson #1- Follow your gut
                Pretty basic. Your “gut” is directly correlated to your heart. Intuition guides all. Eyes tend to be blind and our heads too narrow, but your heart will always seek the truth. Open it. Listen to it. Trust it. Follow it.
Lesson #2- Do you
                Look into the mirror; observe the reflection for a moment. Take in the beauty that we all individually posses. Appreciate it. Fall in love with your idiosyncrasies.  Never question “your you”. Never change the person you are, even when others don’t appreciate it. Fuck those others, because the people that DO matter will love” your you” as much as you do.
Lesson #3- Seek constant progression
                Never settle for a stagnant existence.  Always strive to do more, be more, see more, and most importantly learn more. Challenge your mind daily to consistently soak in information, and grow. Become obsessed with knowledge.
Lesson #4- Smile too much
                Angry people are ugly.
Lesson #5-Love more
                Always remind people how much you love them, because you never know when they might walk out of your life. Don’t let fear or pride keep you from opening your heart. Love is the easiest and best thing to give.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and poignant. You're amazing, Tobie. Cindy H. xo

    ReplyDelete